|Gustavo Braga - Resume
|Education • Translation Certificate – English into Portuguese (Brazilian) – New York University, New York. 2010 - 2008.
• Master of Professional Studies, Interactive Telecommunications Program, New York University. New York, 1998 - 1995.
• Graduate Program in Education, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 1993.
• Painting at Escola de Artes Visuais do Parque Laje. Rio, Brazil. 1988/1985.
• Bachelor in Visual Communications, Catholic University. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1985 - 1981. Work Experience
• 2015 - present: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York: Security Officer
Teaching Experience • 2015 - 2013: Brazilian Portuguese and French Instructor at Berlitz Language Center at Rockefeller Center.
• 1995: Teacher of the Painting as Art Teraphy classes at the Pedro II University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Translation • Fluent in Portuguese and English. Proficient in Spanish and French.
• 2012/present: Support Staff for bilingual (English - Brazilian Portuguese) to assist with headset distribution at the National Retail Federation Convention in New York City; For ProLingo
• 2010/present: Proofreading for the Translation of the Portuguese version of the Cloisters Museum and Gardens Brochure; Translator of art catalogues, legal documents, thesis projects, speeches and brochures English into Portuguese (Brazilian).
• October 2002: Translator for Portuguese (Brazilian) version of The Metropolitan Museum of Art floor plan. Website Design and Implementation • 2009/present: Museum’s Council Website Design Implementation and maintenance; http://www.museumscouncil.org This website is updated for Responsive Design.
• 2007/2008: The Congo Project Website for the American Museum of Natural History; http://research.amnh.org/ichthyology/congo/index.html
Digitization • 2008: Digitization and assembling into pdf format of the Land Family History Book.
• 2007: Scanning of images and slides for archiving and website display, creation and implementation of metadata,file management. Brooklyn Academy of Music Archives;
• 2005/2008: Quality Control for the Digitization of catalogue cards for the American Museum of Natural History Digital Library Project. The project involved nearly one million itens, from all departments of the Museum. Assembling, converting and compressing of digitized text into pdf format. Creation and implementation of metadata in Microsoft Excel; file management. American Museum of Natural History
Click here for a PDF Sample Volunteer Activities • 2000/present: Volunteer for the Gardens of The Cloisters Museum and Gardens;
• 2011/2013: Volunteer for the Brazilian Endowment for the Arts; Activities:
Design and Implementation of HTML Newsletter Campaigns;
Video Live Transmission of Events;
Presentation and co-curatorial work of artistic and literary events;
Translation of text and press-releases from Brazilian Portuguese onto English;
• 2009/2012: Volunteer for the digitization of the catalogue cards and watercolors of the Otto Finsch Collection. Anthropology Division Archives, American Museum of Natural History;
• September 2002/2004: Volunteer for the digitization of the photographs for the Digital Library Project at the American Museum of Natural History in New York;
• October 2002 to February 2003: Volunteer for the The Cloisters Museum and Gardens Library; Professional Associations • ATA: American Translators Association
• METRO: Metropolitan New York Library Council
• NYU Alumni: New York University Alumni Association